Thread: My Library??
View Single Post
Old June 15th, 2003
91 is my age not my IQ!

David91 is flying high
Default General information

Like Blackbird, I'm also confused by your postings. You cannot search for any of your own offerings through Limewire. Whatever you have found by searching on Gnutella is not your stash of files. You simply have to trust that everything inside the files you have nominated in Limewire>Preferences>Sharing will actually be offered to the world for sharing.

The next general point is that the directory structure you have created for the files offered for sharing is irrelevant. You can mix files of different valid formats and all will be available for sharing without limit.

As to you playing the music or videos on your own machine: (apologies for stating the obvious) what you find through your searches has to be downloaded before it will play — this is not like a streaming system for internet radio or video. If you have already downloaded the files, you simply use your internal media players for translating the contents into words, music or pictures as the case may be. And that has nothing to do with Limewire.