View Single Post
Old July 19th, 2001
Unregistered

Cool

Note I was a BearShare user, I didnt stop using it because of the spyware it automaticly installed (in an older version), but I stopped using it because I found a better client (I'll leave it as that), but since I was a user I will answer the questions I would back then.

1) Was I aware? No I wouldn't have. It said it was installing some extra programs that had nice features that I didnt plan to use, but had to install (and they said it helps them out so I thought no problem), It was when I went into the message boards that I discovered that it was spyware, and that the Bearshare developers were irresponsible, they didnt even know for sure if it was spyware or not.

2) If I knew I wouldnt have installed it, I would have kept using LimeWire (the first one I used). Its nice that NOW its not a requirement, but they shouldnt have made it a requirement in the first place, and they should have been aware of what they were installing on other peoples computers (that is they should have been more responsible).

But I let by gones, be by gones (no personal grudge), I dont plan to ever install another BearShare, but that is mostly to do with me not trusting them anymore (they're irresponsible).

Nuff Said...