View Single Post
Old June 26th, 2003
Apprentice

denisew is flying high

Hey stief, denisew is a she not a he and believe I am a novice. But I can share what I think I know or at least what I have experienced. If anything I say or do is incorrect, hopefully other will jump in.
On XP go to START > LOCAL DISCK (C) > then Document & Settings\User. If you don't find them there look in the other folders under Document & Setting/User, like INCOMPLETE. That is where I have been finding mine. I then move them to my desired folder of choice. I don't know if there is a danger with hackers or not, but I am leery about have a saved and shared folder in my Documents & Settings folder. But I might be paranoid.
I started trying to rename and move the Saved folder & the Shared folder and did have some success or so I thought. LW did allow me to change the SAVED setting to just Document & Settings. And it did let me change The SHARED setting to something else. But I have run into a bit of trouble. Ever since then, when I go to Turn Off computer it just restarts. At first I did not think it was related to LW, because after tweaking the Saved & Shared settings back to what I thought was original, Turn Off was working. Then I downloaded music again and now the computer is back to restarting when I choose Turn Off. I have to manually shut down. And this on a computer that is only 3 weeks old is frustrating to say the least. maybe it is coincidence, but it happened each time I downloaded music from LW. I'm looking at uninstalling LW 3.0 and re-installing to try and fix. But if this keeps up, there are other P2P programs. LW has been my favorite, until now. I don't know what the motive is behind the change, but I seem to not be alone in this issue.
Am open to any suggestions - thanks - denise