Thread: downloading
View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2001

chr_rossi is flying high
Default Re: downloading

[Is this because I need to meet specific requirements in order to download the majority of ppl's files. Such as needing to share (n) files. Or (x) bytes of data shared. Or (z) Kbytes free bandwidth.]

No.....

[But Generally, a similair thing occurs with the other GNUtella clients, in that I can every 10 files or so I try to download are actually succesful.]

Yes, it is sometimes a little bit frustrating, agreed - but it is a game of luck, and having a little patience odds are good you will get it, though. Alas, I fear the freeloader issue will not be solved soon.

I am not a developer, but it seems to me that such kind of scripts will generate a huge amount of mostly unnecessary net traffic. As far as I know, this was also base of the critique on Phex's (a good servent, too :) automated search behaviour. But I will not condemn what I haven't seen - maybe there would be a way to do this without too many annoyances for others.

Anyway, I think you can post this on sourceforge in the appropriate gnucleus forum, too. Maybe there you will get better answers....

Greetings....