View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2003
Devotee

cnshht is flying high
Wink review

Hello, Moses
Beyond which OS you're using, are you behind a router? Or is your machine a standalone? Using personal firewall software?
In my case, I had to set up port forwarding, which is a router function, because my machine was sharing an internet connection on a LAN.
I misunderstood Gregor's question about incoming connections, because I was not seeing the entire content of the "Gnutell Net" tab. The program has a GUI problem with my WIN-NT machine, in which the tabs, buttons, etc. all lack shading and outlines. So often there are things missing from my screen, and I didn't realize that I could pull down the section that displays Connections:
"Remote Host," "Vendor," "Type," "Mode" etc., Below all that info is:
"My Address", which displays the IP address that Phex is communicating to our Gnutella peers. Anyway, in the "Type" column and mentioned above, there is either an "out" or "in" designation. SOMEtimes, at least, after being connected for a while, you should see one or more "In" type connections.
Another possibility is that the number of files you are sharing is small, and no one has tried (by chance) to search download them?
The "Share" tab also has a pulldown section that displays your shared files, and among other info, the "Search count" and "Upload Count." Can you see all that?