View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2003
Disciple

Chartreuse is flying high

Hi,

1. The original message that something was corrupted is probably not a correct explanation of the problem. I've learned that Macs sometimes give an error message which doesn't describe the real problem because they don't HAVE a message that says the right thing.

That error message was a sign of some kind of incompatibility.

2. The other thing I've discovered through my own use of LimiWire is that once it causes a problem, the problem NEVER seems to go away even though we download fresh versions, upgrade, go to LimeWire Pro, rebuild the desktop, zap the PRAM, etc. I think LimeWire leaves something invisible on the hard drive that is almost impossible to get rid of and that SOMETHING effects every subsequent installation of LimeWire.

I've read many, many threads about various problems that REFUSE to go away no matter how many times the user uninstalls LimiWire trashes every LimeWire file, installer and preference.

My suspicion is that the LimeWire people aren't writing the CODE correctly for Mac.

I've had the problem of LimeWire windows and Wizard appearing with no buttons to click. But pressing ESC force quits the program. Mac users don't use ESC as much as PC people, so I think that's a sign that the CODE might work better for the Windows side than the MAC side.

Good luck.