View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2003
Gnutella Muse

sdsalsero is flying high

Norm,
Scroll to the bottom of your Pro download-page and you'll see an additional comment, "If you are interested in trying out the LATEST BETA of LimeWire PRO, please click here." This comment only appears when there's a beta-version available.

Afisk,
I've seen the partial-file uploads working -- sweet! One question, though: How does this avoid duplicate uploads from the original source? For instance, if I download the first 1MB of a file, then the source-IP goes off-line, and I end-up sharing my 1MB of file with a dozen other people. Now, the source-IP comes back on-line. Do I and the others all request the same 2nd MB of the file? Assuming it's bigger than just 2MB, I would hope we all request different parts of the file so that, if the source goes off-line again before we all finish, we can all share our different parts and hopefully end-up with a completed file.

Also, when will there be an option to disable Host Browsing of your own machine? I understand that this won't absolutely prevent people from seeing your files (since you need to post your file-list to your UltraPeers) but I think it will help (privacy) more than it will hurt (convenience for others).