Thread: RIAA Threats...
View Single Post
Old July 27th, 2003
jogdial

Default still sharing

Well, I've been sharing around 7000 files whenever I'm not using my line for something else that takes a lot of bandwidth for quite a while... since those heady first days of napster... I'm not on the list.... however I am changing my sharing a bit, ftp server and several good friends just trading via our ftp servers, we each buy used CDs in turn and put them on our ftp servers so the rest can download them... hell, i've got money to burn, but that's the bit that actually puts me off of file sharing a bit, if I was penniless and over the age of 18, what can the RIAA do to me? You don't sue someone who has nothing, look at all the bad publicity mcdonalds got when they sued an out of work mailmail and unemployed bar maid for handing out anti-mcdonald leaflets in front of one of their stores... www.mcspotlight.com if you're really interested... mcdonalds soon wished they had never picked up that stick to bash them with. I predict this is going to backfire heavily on the RIAA in the end.. and I aim to keep sharing selected portions of the library. Now... if we all ran linux boxes, we could just use oportunistic virtual private networks and no one would know what was going on .. I doubt anyone in the RIAA has enough brain cells to even operate linux.

Cheers
Jogdial