View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2003
Enthusiast

GRAPHICA is flying high

klairejay

Wow! your are really having your share of difficulties.

May I try to ease the burden?

1st - when you installed LW - you may or may not have told it where to put the files in the right place. Lets assume you did.

To "find" ANYTHING" ON A MAC IS A BREEZE.

Everyone is talking to you about the shared folder.

Okay! Your shared folder in LW should be:

desktop>system folder>preferences>shared(folder)> - find your file

If they are not completely downloaded then you go from the preferences>(folder)>Incomplete

Sometimes, when I install I like to put those two files in the LW folder itself -- your choice.

Nevertheless, if you cannot find what you are looking for. - go to the finder --- Apple(command) "F" your sherlock will search whatever drive you tell it to. Enter the name of the file, folder, anything - if its on your hard drive, it will find it.

Further - on the lower half of the sherlock, it will show you all the folders you need to go through till you can manually pull out the file.

Finally, If you ONLY have iTunes as a player, that will be your default player. You will have QuickTime though that will pay the file for you. Suggest yopu download a Media Player of some sort. i.e. RealPlayer, Destiny Media Player, just to name a few. Place your MP3's in a folder and you can Drag n' Drop till the cows come home.

Good Luck

GRAPHICA