Thread: Phex Advocacy ?
View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2001
Phex Developer

konrad_h is flying high

I consider Phex to be still in the development stage. Although it is already fully functional and can be used just as any other client it still isnīt finished.

If you want to do some advertising (not advocacy) for Phex I can just encourage you to do so. I donīt think I can tell or give you anything that would help you much. Phex is just like it appears on your screen.

If you or someone wants to write a more detailed FAQ or documentation I would surely appreciate it and put it up the homepage ASAP.

And now for some inner thought: Is Phex the client for the masses or just for a small and exclusive gnutella-elite? I donīt know. Many people seem to like Phex a lot while most users still stick to Bearshare and Limewire. The cross-platform aspect of Phex makes it strong where Bearshare will never be able to score (on OS2, OS X, BeOS and all other java-enabled platforms besides MS-Win). Limewire is in many ways very similar to Phex, but the download is a lot larger and it is not open source. But Phex is less stable and has not so many additional features. Considering all the pros and cons of Phex I really think it must be the userīs choice.