View Single Post
Old August 18th, 2003
Novicius

leftypunkjock is flying high
Angry Crash! Bug? All Incomplete Downloads are now 0K!! Help!

I am running 3.3.5 on a 400 Mhz G3 Powerbook with 576 MB RAM w/ OS 9.1. I just got DSL & it has been working pretty well. Limewire seems to be the best program I've used so far for D/L 'ing mp3's. However my computer has now crashed twice while using it. It usually happens if I try doing something in another program & Limewire is in the background. Whatever I'm doing will just stop & freeze the screen. I have now had to do a hard reboot (using a paperclip) twice to restart. Then, when I do & start up again & open Limewire, all my downloads are @ 0K. I checked in my Incomplete folder & in fact all of the files are now 0K! (and I think many have disappeared). Some were as large as 80 MB before my computer crashed. They also all show the date to be 1904. Is there any way to restore my downloads to recover the many incomplete files that were there before it crashed? Many of these files were DJ sets & I'd hate to have to try starting from scratch again. Also, how do I prevent this in the future? Is this a problem with the software? or is it someone wreaking havoc w/ my computer? (I haven't been able to install a Router/firewall yet).