View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2001
Unregistered

Default Alpha test of new music navigation software

Hi All -

My company has been developing some very cool technology that simplifies one’s access to their music collection, and I’d love to get some initial feedback on it.

IMHO, this raises the bar for music organization, navigation, and playlist generation – and is leaps and bounds beyond anything else currently available.

Here’s a quick rundown of the features…
- Uses DSP fingerprinting technology to uniquely identify songs in your library, regardless of filenames or ID3 information
- Track ID’s are queried against our meta database, to return perceptual song-specific information (like genre, mood, tempo, beat…)
- Upon ‘activation’ with this detailed metadata, songs are eligible for:
o Simplified navigation, with multiple filtering criteria
o Instant playlist generation – based on the analysis of similar songs in your collection
o Targeted recommendation – find songs that you may not have heard, which are similar to your favorites

The software and service are both in early Alpha phase (mainly in terms of functionality), but the current version is already very usable.

If you are interested in checking out this technology, follow the simple instructions below. I’ll send the app (along with a short survey) out to the first 25 qualified applicants later this week…

Send an email to ‘jim7@moodlogic.com’ with “Alpha Test X” in the subject line.

In the body, include:

Email Address :
Number of MP3’s in your collection:
Own a digital audio player? (Y/N) If yes, which one?:
Current jukebox application of choice:
A brief description of how you currently manage your digital audio collection:

I know you will enjoy the demo, and look forward to hearing your feedback!

-Jim