View Single Post
Old July 24th, 2001
Unregistered

Exclamation Can't install 1.6b on Mac OS... lax.main.class

I have been having a lot of trouble with this. I have downloaded the offending installer over and over and over again, only to find the same results. I can't even install the program. I run the installer, it opens up the self-extractor, brings up a message saying 'Starting Application', then brings up and error message telling me that there is a fatal Java error and that it can't run the program. Afterwards, it quits out. When it brings up the Java error, it also says 'Unable to locate lax.main.class'. Now, because I don't know Java, I don't know what this is. I've been searching online for days trying to find out, with no results. I've gone to the support section of the LimeWire site which didn't offer ANY help at all except for a very very vague description of how to install the program (double-click) and a very annoying auto-response message from the mail server telling me that I probably wouldn't get a human response and that I should check the site. I am at a dead-end on this and I am dead tired of using MacTella which runs as though my computer is from the 80's...

If anyone can please tell me how to fix the problem, or at least tell me what the program is looking for in the first place, it would be greatly appreciated.

HELP!!!!!