View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2003
Distinguished Member

Blackbird is flying high

I just started up Limewire, and weird...

[I'm also running the LW 3.5.2jum206. Stief told me that the jum verisons would not be updated for a while, however, this one came out Sept 2, so I felt I could use it and still reliably report.]

During the loading process, where it refreshes the library, my CPU processor usage for LW jumped above 100%!

Strange. Setting a refresh rate of 1 second on the process viewer, the % usage jumps from 3%-110% and everything inbetween.

[Note, everything above is before I've reached the 4k user network limit]

Just a note, I'm just running LW, Safari, and the Carracho Server and browser. Also, I'm sharing 3200 files.

Alright, after I reached the 4k user limit LW stayed at around 5-8% CPU usage. It would hit a high of around 15% and a low of .7(!)%. Every once in a while, it would jump to the high 20s, and ever once in a great while, maybe to the high 50s.

Aha! I found something. Before this point, I had been running with advanced statistics off. Once I turned it on, my average cpu usage was around 25-35%.

I tried looking at the QRP Sent thing. It *seemed* that maybe when those peaked, I had higher usage, but to be honest, I really couldn't tell. It could've easily been something else that I wasn't aware of.

I hope this is helpful to people. If not, tell me what I'm doing wrong, and I'll try to do it right. It's about midnight now *chuckles*, so I ought to turn in. Night all.