View Single Post
Old September 10th, 2003
zeet

Hello

This e-mail is regarding a suggestion about your software..but I would like you to read thru it first..the suggestion is at the end of this message.

I am p2p user and have been using Limewire specifically since its first public versions. I...such as many people do love p2p. I believe that p2p along with wireless networks could very well be the next form of internet.

The problem is with corporations like the RIAA, MPAA, etc. Yes I agree maybe p2p is being used for sharing copyrighted material..however that in itself is a debatable issue.

Regardless..it is because of these old out dated corporations who refuse to change their business models and work with p2p, that p2p is under such scrutiny. These companies have decided to sue their users, intimidate ISP's and eventually stamp out p2p. I believe Limewire along with the rest of the p2p apps could be incredible engines for indie musician to ditribute their own works. Of course that kind of concept leaves out middle men like the RIAA.

Risght now there is a movement that is trying to change that. We want to hit them where it hurts..their own bank accounts. The movement is stationed at www.boycott-riaa.com which I'm sure you're already aware of. The problem is getting this message out to the people. The big media of course will not cover our cause because most of them are in bed with the RIAA..or even owned by them. So I have come up with an idea that basically is this... if the Networks won't say anything about the movement...why not use our own p2p networks to reach the people with the message.

I am going to suggest this idea to other p2p developers as well and basically it's requesting that you include in the next versions of your software a notice of some kind informing users of the boycott. It could be a link to page that explains whats going on. Or just a link to www.boycott-riaa.com

Using p2p itself as the messenger to get it out there. I really don't see any other choice. People like yourselves have the ability to make this happen. Like I said before..i love p2p...everyone does. I'm sure you guys do too. We want help keep it alive and keep great services like Limewire going.