View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2003
Disciple

hmmm is flying high
Angry People are uploading files from my incomplete folder!

I am currently trying to download a file that is only 3% complete. Meanwhile I have at least 20 people in my upload queue attempting to upload this same file! It isn't even on my hard drive yet! Why does Limewire allow this?

First of all, I do *not* want to share files in my Incomplete folder, as they are not even there yet, and they are files I am trying to *download,* NOT allow someone else to waste one of my six upload slots on a 3%-done file!

Second, I have carefully picked which files I want to share, but because all of these hogs are on here trying to get my 3%-done file of Unreal Tournament 2003, people are unable to get to the actual files I have chosen for sharing purposes.

This is *extremely* annoying.

I am running Limewire version 3.5.8, I have Java 1.4.1 installed, and I am running Mac OS X 10.2.6 on a 933 G4 PowerMac with 1.5G of RAM installed, on a Cable Modem and *not* through a router.

I have blocked hosts 192.*.*.* and 10.*.*.* and filter results !!! and /

I dislike that this version doesn't show the progress bar as visibly going from 1 to 100, instead just showing a percentage. I would like an animated progress bar.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, HOW DO I GET RID OF ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ATTEMPTING TO UPLOAD A FILE THAT I HAVE IN MY INCOMPLETE FOLDER?!

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

And may I say, I did read through your FAQs and stickies, and I will say the FAQs are misleading; they are all about how to use a message board, and nothing at all about how to use Limewire. I went to the Limewire main site to read the FAQs, and all I got was a basic user manual which is what I have in the help files that come with Limewire, NOT helpful at all.

If you say you have real FAQs here, for answers that are asked repeatedly, then put them up!!

This new version also has something called "Out Of Range" for people trying to upload this file out of my incomplete folder.

I wish there were more documentation available and a *real* FAQs area here.

Thank you.

Last edited by hmmm; September 13th, 2003 at 08:57 PM.