View Single Post
Old September 15th, 2003
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Post Regarding FastTrack

As a content distributor I have to mirror the comments made by peerless. More users = more complete downloads / faster downloads therefore a better p2p experience for p2p users.

This goes a long way for creating a positive experience for a P2P user. I personally have nodes ready to go on fast-track but I have a couple problems with the network in general.

#1 With 6 hosts connected to the fast track network all sharing the same content I could not easily find results from ths content that I know is out there if I go to a 7th station and search.

After along time I am able to return 1 or 2 results browse the node and then I get a complete content listing. I guess I just dont' understand a lot about their search mechanism.

Gnutella on the other hand (Limewire, Gnu etc.) I can execute a search and get a complete content index from 3-5 of six server consistently. I think that LimeWire has the best user interface of all the P2P clients.

#2 As I've said before I put out about 9GB of data on LimeWire daily that is my entire content library about 4 times over. On fast track although there are many more users I'm not sure they're actively participating in the network. Buy that I mean I think that that a large majority of the hosts sitting on that network are spammers and monitoring agents for the RIAA and MPAA and others. There's no good information about the SuperNodes you are connected to.

In my opinion I think that they attract more users due to press coverage.

Last edited by LeeWare; September 15th, 2003 at 04:15 PM.