View Single Post
Old September 26th, 2003
Novicius

alexguitar is flying high
Default limewire mp3 doesn't work

Hey Stief. Thanks for the reply.
I think you may be more advanced than me. I'm not sure I totally understood your reply.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "most people prefer iTunes support", nor do I know who Roger Kapsi is.

I don't need itunes support. My itunes works fine. The problem is that the Limewire player doesn't work anymore.

Wait. By "iTunes support", do you mean setting Limewire to use iTunes as a player for downloaded files?
Maybe that's what you were refering to when you said "most people prefer..." Well, I don't think that works either. I switched the "player" prefs in Limewire. Regardless of where I have that pref set, nothing happens when I click on a tune in LW.

I was trying to explain that it was convenient to be able to play newly downloaded files right out of the limewire library, without having to use another application. So often, I'll download a file, and the quality will be terrible regardless of what the listed quality was, or the file will be incomplete. I don't want to have to put the file in itunes just to play it, then find out that it's no good, and then have to remove it, and do it over again.

Anyway, enough with that. I don't think anyone cares why I liked that feature, or who prefers what. The fact of the matter is that that feature doesn't work anymore and I can use some advice.

You say that I can set the default player to LW with the Finer's get info? What do I have to "Get Info" on in order to do this? Do I have to "Get Info" on every single song file on my HD?

Thanks again. Excuse my ignorance. I'm new to this.

alex