View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2003
Novicius

nut_magnet is flying high
Default virtual pc problems install

ive got vpc 5 & 6.0.1..

after three days of suffering now i still havent got the sucker working..
its gonna be worth my while to make to make old bill a few quid richer..
not that he'd probably notice..

there again if i cant get this to work what luck am i gonna have if i do buy it.. ?
no trial version available to prove it does work..

so here we go again.. ..>>

i got a copy of WIN XP but after reading the "setup.exe" with text edit it reads on the top line of code "will not run in dos".. ..

having tried to load XP in several ways with vpc 5 & 6 and failed miserably i dropped in a disk with LINUX and this run straight away no problems.. so my conclusion is VPC is OK.. i also have an original win 95 but this will not run either with vpc.. do i need some kind of boot disk.. ?? using an old iMac 700 se slot load so no floppy drive here for the win setup boot floppy..

i've never done dos before so i have not got a clue where i'm at here.. i've only used Mac OSX 10.1.5 and sometimes venture into classic but i'm so used to apps just loading and starting up with my mac and i'm totally lost here..

any help would be appreciated..

info win xp is a copy.. ive tried to select all files to open with VPC and copied it to a CD.. no luck there..

my win 95 is a distribution with new PC disk..

in dos mode with VPC 6 i cant even type anything all the cursor does is selects an area.. i thought the cursor would disapear in dos.. ??

all i want to do is try it.. .. to see how it works.. ..

nutty.. .. .

Last edited by nut_magnet; October 10th, 2003 at 06:07 PM.