View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2003
+Modérateur à ses heures+

et voilà is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

Here is a little pessemistic view of those pro chages:
Well, I for one don't like to have 6 leafs connections.... I much prefer to have 4 or even 3 and 2 connections (maybe let the pro users to set the number of connections from 2 to 6....) because I'm much more an uploader than a downloader. The pro version should really be about customisation of LW (more GUI and core options, not download/serches favoritism over the free version). I don't think people will pay to get a better dling/searching LW than the free version, they are more likely to pirate it and decrease the performance of the network. I mean that people should pay to help improve the network by knowing your pionneer work and not because they have to in order to dl files. And for searches, I'm searching for things that won't get the 40 results/ultrapeer anyway so I take it as a waste of bandwidth..

Conclusion: the pro version is fine as it is even if it could use of more customisations to distance the free version.

On another view, I have to say that LW runs really great in 10.3 panther, as LW uses less ram over time than in 10.2 and the os x look is much improved, especially the tabs.. hum.. good! And I haven't got a gui freeze since updating.

Also I think the leaf/ultrapeer could be increased to 40 or even 50. The bandwidth is not an issue anymore (even on IDSN 64kbps). This could make searches much faster. I know Adam is a little against it but I'd say go for it especially since OOB could cut down ultrapeer routing bandwidth 30% and that NIO technology is hopefully coming soon to a near galaxy.

Merci beaucoup

Last edited by et voilà; October 9th, 2003 at 01:55 PM.