View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2003
Software Developer

sberlin is flying high

Hi Blackbird,

I'm glad you like the tip of the day. Unfortunately, in order to continue producing more features and keeping the core network alive and viable, people need to buy the program. The features included in the Pro version do not diminish the current experience for any Free users. In fact, while developing we are essentially using the 'free' version, which means that any changes we make are catered to keep the Free version as smooth as possible. Pro features are just that -- features that will encourage people to buy the program. It may feel like we're manipulating users to buy the software, and in a way that may be a correct way of stating it... but the fact of the matter remains that money is required to keep LimeWire alive. Indirectly, we're even keeping users of derivatives of LimeWire happy too by continuously improving the core of LimeWire, even though many of those users won't like to acknowledge the fact that their favorite software exists because of LimeWire.

I'm glad you enjoy using LimeWire, and I hope that you'll continue to enjoy using it, as new features are added and the overall experience improves.

Thanks,
Sam