View Single Post
Old October 20th, 2003
Phex Developer

GregorK is flying high
Default Re: Similar problems...

Quote:
Originally posted by rockkeys
One thing that could help would be to put a decent FAQ up, that not only explains how the program works, and what the controls do, etc., but also explains why you need to share, and gives some guidelines for the balance between downloads and upload slots, and WHY it needs to be that way.

If every G-net client program provided this, we would have a better network. The problem is that the developers know exactly how the programs work, and how they should be setup to be 'good' net citizens, but they do not tell the users about these things. I have no idea why, maybe they are just too busy making nice programs for us to use.
For me I have to say this would just be too much work to additionaly maintain this FAQ.
But I bet there are many users around that would be able to contribute to this kind of FAQ and post entries.
What I would be willing to provide is a interface to the (currently very small) Phex FAQ database.

But what I need are users contributing to this FAQ. And if it would be just by sending me mails in a format that can be added into the FAQ.

Gregor