View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2003
Apprentice

raf111 is flying high
Default Re: Post here strategies to protect against R.I.A.A. suits, hiding your IP Address, etc..

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightbird
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER...

OK guys, let's get down to business and SHARE ideas and strategies to protect ourselves from these bast*rds trying to sue us for sharing music with each other!
Now... by "protect ourselves" you had in mind, hide your IP, get some untracable rauters etc. Right?...
You see, I agree with you, but only if you want to hide "in the meantime"... And thats not a bad Idea... It's running away from law, hide only prove that you're innocent.
But... people, please, you have to understand that one important thing... HIDING IS NOT A SOLUTION! It will just get you by for a few months. You wanna know what is the only solution possible?... It's everyone of you and you public opinion. It's your letters, emails, phone calls saying, that you're outraged what is happening and what Entartainment industry is doing, directed to your governor, or anybody that could have some kind of influence on the law and legislature in general... Sure... most of you will just think..." I'm against RIAA etc, but let others handle that"...
SUUUUre... kepp thinking like that, but do you just know what happens if the public won't speak up and stand up for what's right?... First, (that is what they are actually trying to pass) they will be allowed to just browse you PC if they suspect there might be some copyright infrigement going on... In other words... they will invade your privacy whenever they want and blame it on "we have suspected him". PC- PERSONAL Computer, won't be "personal" anymore. Yup... but it's probably just a beginning... today it's invadind your computer, tomorrow, you will have a video camera in every room in your house... and they will say-

"it's because we need to know if they aren't planing to violate copyright laws... Democracy?... Who said democracy?... Yes we know 90% of population is against such measures, but we're sorry, we're the ones with money... Sue us.... Oppps... you can't afford a fancy lawyer as we can... I guess you will lose then... ah well..."......
GET IT?

Of course, I have exagerated it a bit, but it really isn't that much from the facts...
Read, learn and educate others about what is going on...

(of course it was directed specificaly to you Nightbird, only to everyone in general...

take care...