View Single Post
Old October 28th, 2003
energy001

Cool Just want faster downloads...

The Newbie.

Check'n this whole scene out recently.

Found DIVX about three years ago, I love movies and I travel alot...wasn't totally impressed at first. Lately I have gained an interest and an appreciation for the P2P world. So I download a freeware here and a freeware there. Takes forever on T1 to get anything so I pay for the "Pro versions" (no issues...happy to pay my share) and I still see hands down no difference in them. So I look for more P2P players and try them...no difference.

For a 700MB file it takes at least 3 days...no sh*t. Is this typical? I deal with Tarabytes on a daily basis with High Definition NLE, so 700MB is nothing. You are asking yourselves...why would someone in the High Definition Video world be interested in some shagged up camcorder job of a new release....it's fun and interesting I guess. Still....why can't the download be quicker?Not enough players in the game? Too many on & offers in the suburbs? Or is there a P2P out there that is better than all the others?

I am usually at a hotel with a T1 line or at work with a T1 line...neither place should know what I am up to anyways, but I am thinking there is an issue with a firewall or something. I think I have done all of the "quick fixes" that Mr. LeeWare has offered
but as he loves to point out, I might not have been paying close enough attention.

Peace out.

Bryan Lundstrom
Logan Productions, Inc.