View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2003
A reader, not an expert

stief has a spectacular aura about

3.6.10 looks a bit unstable
-selecting a range of search results to download--most of which were already complete or in progress--sometimes locked up 3.6.10 when choosing the 'NO' option of the "Overwrite . . ." dialog. Force quit was my only option twice. Filtering search results of existing files or flagging unique results would help here.

-had problems with the new (Microsoft servent??) tunes from Magnetmix: didn't go through to iTunes 4.1 smoothly and something reset the 'Use iTunes' pref. I lack experience with iTunes to know if this is related to LW or the iTunes update.

-dl'ing multiple rare files from a host that has only one ul slot required a lot of 'babysitting.' The first file would begin well, but the others would go to "Need Sources" very quickly. 'Browse Host' showed the server to be online. Find sources button would work away with no dl's beginning, then after the 5 mins "resume" would work to get one of the dl's started. For 1 slot servers, client-side queuing of multiple requests might reduce the traffic unnecessary babysitting causes.

-re the occasional 'spike' of sudden upload peaks of 1,038 KB/s in the stats: this looks to coincide with a crawler showing up in the handshaking stats. Tough to track since crawlers show up only about once per hour of uptime.

-the QRP-Leaf-Sent graph needs a higher range, say for 1000 messages per second. The graph obscures the table (my average is 600 messages NOT routed to leaves per second).

Sorry for the fuzzy impressions--ran out of time to get more specific. This note is more of a 'raised eyebrow' rather than a 'heads-up.' Missed the changelog.