View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2003
gtk-gnutella developer

MrJoe is flying high

Quote:
Thanks for the upgrade, but,
"As soon as a download is started, can be used as an alternate source for others even though the download is not completed yet."
What if I don't want to share that file back out, just my own hand picked list?
Then disable partial file sharing in you configuration.
Quote:
"When a mismatch happens during downloading the file can now be automatically removed and restarted again"
What if I have 600MB of a file and it decides there is a "mis match" and starts over, can't you simply save this with some sort of tag like (1) (2) like I have seen around
The remove on mismatch feature is only a temporarly solution. Currently tigertree implementation is on its way, which should make this feature unncessary because it will be able to detect where it did go wrong and only redownload that part.
Quote:
"Sends out alternate locations which should not be tried"
What? Why not just list all the bad addresses on the net and really go crazy.
These locations there are listed are send because they might first have been send in an working alternate locations list. There is nothing wrong with these servents, just that they might not be sharing that file anymore or are offline.
Quote:
"Won't send full headers when short on bandwith"
Are your headers getting that big? Try a shorter "Server: Gtk-Gnutella (date, make, model, serial number, kitchen sink)"
It isn't the Server: header which is that big. gnutella clients send out alternate locations also via HTTP headers, queue information has also an HTTP header. When you are short on bandwith the number of alternate locations send is less.
So when you are short on bandwith, only the necessary parts for each header (if that header is required at all) is sent out.