View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2003
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by PapaSMURFFS
Anyway, I'm rambling. My issue was with his choice ot use the name and to go on an aggressive marketing campaign about how gnutella is dead and gnutella2 is the future.
He is not the first one who said that Gnutella has no future. And Gnutella 2 is only a name - hey Limewire is advertising with faster downloads than Kazaa . And Mike didnīt make this rules, have a look at Limewire`s or Bearshare`s campaign, its also agressive...

I donīt support Vinnie, Limewire or Mike or any other client, this time is over, I support improvement... improvement which donīt cost me a lot of money (better nothing ). Mike donīt ask for money but is developing a lot and if the users like it he is right - see Vinnie`s "great" ideas how many people complained about them, but his users like his ideas (perhaps because they suggesting it). So in his eyes he is also right. Vinnie is asking money for it (his good right) - imagine what Mike could do if he would sell Shareaza?

The good thing Gnutella is a free protocol, all can join nobody have to. Everybody can create his own protocol and choose a name which isnīt protected, everybody can claim what he wants to... this is called freedom!

Morgwen