View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2003
Novicius

juztin is flying high
Default same problem here

UPDATE!!!!

TO EVERYONE WHO'S HAVING THIS GOOFY PROBLEM!

i've been having this problem (see original post below), and i figured out an interesting way around it...(five minutes after my original post...haha)

i chose a folder inside the LimeWire folder...just goofing off, i hit "browse" and selected the Incomplete folder that it had already created, and it worked! woohoo!

of course, i didn't want that as my shared folder, so i went back, chose /home/username/LimeWire/Shared as my shared folder...and blammo...everything's cool.

i'm a linux newbie, so i dont' know why this is....but i would definately like to know, if anyone can explain it to me!

thanks in advance,
juztin.

====================================

i've installed twice now....

the first time was under root, and everythign worked fine...that is, as long as i was logged in as root. upon logging in as my username, i got the setup options again, and the ''unable to use the specified directory'' problem. it didn't matter what directory i picked, i couldn't use it. i even tried to chmod 777 the default directory, as well as several new ones i created myself...and no go.

so i uninstalled, including deleting the hidden .LimeWire folder. i then reinstalled using my regular login name....it installed fine, but i got the same ''unable to use the specified directory message'', no matter what folder i use. i even installed it to my home directory (it was /home/username/LimeWire/).

any help on this would be greatly appreciated, as i'd rather not log in as root every time i'd like to use this great software. thanks!

-justin moody-
justingmoody@yahoo.com

Last edited by juztin; December 14th, 2003 at 04:58 AM.