View Single Post
Old December 19th, 2003
kitbar44diqt

Quote:
Originally posted by KenRay53
Hi all,

FYI

I have paid for three versions of Limewire Pro upgrades, within a year (ya, I keep losing that magic upgrade thingy), so I figure that my dues are paid up in that respect. I sometimes write Shareware and do believe in paying for software that works.

Recently after a Win98 crash, I said "the heck with it" and installed Win XP as my operating system. In the install process, my second hard drive (my goof, the one with the backups) got destroyed, along with all of my mp3 files.

Without my magic 'Limewire upgrade cookie' (or whatever the heck it is), I just decided to just use the free Limewire version. I also got tired of paying for a beta product that changes versions every few months.

I now use Norton Firewall 2003 and Win XP Home edition:

I have the Norton Firewall set to block ads.

The free version if Limewire (2.7.11) works just fine and I do not get any annoying ads at the bottom of the screen.

I have almost two weeks, so far, with XP/LW2.7.11, lots of downloads, no complaints.

Ken
You cannot remember your email address? That is what you need to download Limewire, the emaill address you gave them when you purchased it.