View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2001
Ringwraith

Abaris is flying high
Unhappy Automated Researching

First, i'm really glad that you are back for good, konrad. we would all have lost if you had really quit due to vinnies post on the gdf.
however, i wonder what the phex developers are going to do know ? Certainly noone is going to block your client (who the h*** is brown tiger actually? that guy is a nobody, he doesn't even built a client i should guess), but if it is true what bearshare and limewire and others claim, that 1% of the network users use phex and that it causes much more than 30% of the network traffic, how are you planning to handle this ? It would be a serious problem, just imagine 3% used phex, the traffic would have doubled. How far is it true that phex is responsible for the excess traffic ? there was one who claimed that it might be fury indeed. Are you going to change the re-search feature as you were 'ordered' so that it only researches once in every 30 minutes ? Is there any other way the problem could be resolved, i would really dislike to miss the auto research funcionality. Would be glad if you could answer my questions.