View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2004
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by sberlin
As I recall, the moment the issue was brought to LimeWire's attention, we brought it to TopMoxie's attention and told them to fix it. After some development time (of them fixing it) they told us it was fixed.
No its not true.

VTOLfreak was the first who mentioned this:

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...&threadid=7357

The only response was that he making false accusations...

THREE months later an other user brought it up again:

http://www.gnutellaforums.com/showth...e&pagenumber=1

At this moment Adam knew that Topmoxie was redirecting links. There was NO word about we told Topmoxie to remove it or something else - INSTEAED he replied something like, its a good solution to pay the bills instead of asking money from the users. And I am sure that it doesnīt need three months to remove a few lines of code. Yes Limewire supported stealing!

And I really wonder why one of you deleted his replies? What do you want to hide? Do you really think the "old" members donīt remember this discussion?

btw did you check if Topmoxie is actually redirecting links or do you believe Topmoxie? I mean LW told us more than one time that they work ONLY with trusted companies, so if you trust them its your fault with stealing the links and with the virus. You have to check it before you release it under your name and tell your user that they could trust it!!!

I also remember that Limewire installed third party stuff and didnīt mention that after you unistall LW the third party stuff stays on your computer. I asked Adam via PM that he should AT LEAST inform the user about it and he promised this to me, nothing happens... I donīt know how its now because I am not going to install LW again...

Quote:
LimeWire removed the offending program as soon as it was identified as the cause.
My memory is different but for this point I have no proofs...

Quote:
but I did actively read the message forums and watch related news, and I am well aware of the responses from both the developers and users.
Like me, but it seems that you forget some details...

You know the truth and are denying it like the other developers, so why should I trust you now?

Morgwen

Last edited by Morgwen; January 9th, 2004 at 02:07 AM.