View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2004
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by trap_jaw4
There was never a question about whether or not TopMoxie was changing URLs (to my knowledge, it's not really redirecting any links, it just modifies the HTTP requests) to let LimeWire make money when LimeWire users are shopping online.
If Topmoxie is redirecting or just modify the HTTP requests doesnīt matter - stealing is stealing!

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/3390.cfm

Quote:
What do you expect??
What I expect? I expect in a free forum that NOBODY is censoring, perhaps you didnīt realize that this is www.gnutellaforums.com and not www.limewire.com - do you see a difference here?

Quote:
Two parties have a legal agreement, if one party fails to fulfill it, it can and will be held liable for it.
This isnīt so easy. The users have no agreement with Topmoxie or other companies ONLY Limewire. The users have only an agreement with Limewire - so Limewire is the one who have to assure me that Topmoxie and other companies donīt spread viruses or steal links. They are guilty for it as long as they bundle the software within their installer. I know you will tell me now something about the license agreement... bla, bla... do you really think that everybody who is using Limeiwre is a lawyer and can understand all the things?

Quote:
TopMoxie is per definition not a virus
Who said that Topmoxie is a virus? I was referring to the clicktillyouwin virus, you should follow the discussion before you quote small parts of it.

Quote:
Truth is relative.
No its not. Truth is what the people believe and not what the developers want the people should believe. At least this is what counts...

Quote:
If the license agreements states that another software package will be installed this implies that it will not necessarily be removed in cumolo (since it is not part of the same software package).
Thats why Limewire should mention which software stays on the computer and how I could uninstall it. This is what the user can expect from every program which is paid by ads, after unistalling LW there is no need to "pay" for it!

Morgwen