View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2004

trap_jaw4 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgwen
What I expect? I expect in a free forum that NOBODY is censoring, perhaps you didnīt realize that this is www.gnutellaforums.com and not www.limewire.com - do you see a difference here?
Nope. Doesn't matter who's hosting the forum. If it's the official LimeWire forum, it's normal that the LimeWire people have the say and won't let some zealots cramp their style.

Quote:
This isnīt so easy. The users have no agreement with Topmoxie or other companies ONLY Limewire. The users have only an agreement with Limewire - so Limewire is the one who have to assure me that Topmoxie and other companies donīt spread viruses or steal links.
Actually LimeWire users installing the LimeWire version containing TopMoxie have to agree to the TopMoxie license agreements, it even says "TopMoxie" at the top of those license agreements. So the users DO have an agreement with TopMoxie. -> Ergo read them license agreements...

Quote:
They are guilty for it as long as they bundle the software within their installer. I know you will tell me now something about the license agreement... bla, bla... do you really think that everybody who is using Limeiwre is a lawyer and can understand all the things?
Are you trying to argue legally or ethically??? Legally it is the user's duty to ensure he understands the license agreement. If you are arguing that LimeWire's action were ethically wrong, then I have to say, I don't agree and that's where the discussion ends. Except for the issue with TopMoxie replacing already existing affiliate cookies there was no harm done. This issue has been resolved as soon as it was known and it was not malicious intent but just carelessness on the side of TopMoxie's developers.

Quote:
Who said that Topmoxie is a virus? I was referring to the clicktillyouwin virus, you should follow the discussion before you quote small parts of it.
Which wasn't a virus either.
http://en2.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus
Btw., it was never proven that it was really malicious.

Quote:
No its not. Truth is what the people believe and not what the developers want the people should believe. At least this is what counts...
Common belief has nothing to do with truth. Even Einstein made the one or the other famous comment on the stupidity of "the people". Also, don't make the mistake to confuse your beliefs with the beliefs of the people. People don't care, - for proof see the success of companies like TopMoxie.