View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2004
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by trap_jaw4
Actually LimeWire users installing the LimeWire version containing TopMoxie have to agree to the TopMoxie license agreements, it even says "TopMoxie" at the top of those license agreements. So the users DO have an agreement with TopMoxie. -> Ergo read them license agreements...
You donīt get. The Limewire user didnīt realize that he is making an agreement with an other company. Look how many people here post in the wrong forums because they donīt read the title...

Quote:
and won't let some zealots cramp their style.
Funny is that they edited only their replies... hmm... why they do this? I think Adam said to much unwanted things - the truth? Such things proof that you canīt trust companies who are trying to hide such things!

Quote:
Legally it is the user's duty to ensure he understands the license agreement. If you are arguing that LimeWire's action were ethically wrong, then I have to say, I don't agree and that's where the discussion ends.
Legally? So he has to go to the lawyer first? What do you think if all users would do this? How many money would Limewire earn then?

It is ethically wrong, because LW is depending of these people - the people DONīT need LW they can easily switch to an other client. And I really do not care if you agree or not...

Quote:
Common belief has nothing to do with truth.
The common believe is the truth... who decides what truth is? You? Me? No the common believe, nobody said that common believe is right!

Quote:
Even Einstein made the one or the other famous comment on the stupidity of "the people". Also, don't make the mistake to confuse your beliefs with the beliefs of the people. People don't care, - for proof see the success of companies like TopMoxie.
This is exatly my point. The companies like TopMoxie and Limewire are earning money with the "stupidity of the people" - if the people would realize whats going gone there wouldnīt be such companies like Limewire or TopMoxie the people would switch to an other client!

So for me this discussion is over. Its normal that you defend LW you are a co-coder so I wasnīt really surprised...

Morgwen

Last edited by Morgwen; January 10th, 2004 at 06:37 PM.