View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2004
Latest svn User

jum is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by stief
Salut/Grüße/greets all

The theme switching affects info text on OS 10.2 also (and in the stats).

Jens-Uwe's latest CVS build (jum268) includes whatever additons that fixes the UP connections I'd noticed earlier (though only Shareaza seems to be able to connect regularly). I'm not seeing any BearShares or Morpheus UP's connecting though, and average upstream bandwidth still seems low. I do see current rates of 105KB/s for minutes at a time, but overall average is less than 50KB/s. I'm used to expecting ~ 65KB/s (1 slot per person; 100KB/s limit set).

I like the "Connection Quality" info. Can we get more info on what the ranges are, or if there are categories beyond "TurboCharged"?

The Netbeans window--not sure what to make of this. If it allows scripting, then maybe the checknat Applescript Chris Platts wrote for checking that gnutella ports were open on OSX can be adapted for all users

Cheers

There is nothing beyond turbo charged, it is just a rough measure of the perceived connection quality. Turbo charged means 5 or more stable connections as leaf or 10 or more as ultrapeer.

The BeanShell (not NetBeans - that is an entirely different kettle of fish) view is for programmers mostly, and is unique to the jum build. It is not enabled by default, you have to turn it on like the connection view. It allows one to inspect the innards of LimeWire and to extend it while it is running. I did include a sample LimeWire.bsh script inside the disk image, if you copy that to your LimeWire preferences folder new functions and a menu are added.

I tried the script at that location - it was not able to find my computer's real IP address. But a feature like that should be prominently at the first start of LimeWire and not hidden away in a feature mostly intended for programmers and advanced users.