View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2004
johnronda

Thumbs down Impossible connection

I'm on Mac OSX

Tried the posted 'fix' and it was no good whatsoever!

The strange thing is that despite having a bar which reads (Disconnected/no files available) I seem to be still downloading stuff.

I have found that on a couple of occassions a 'Force Quit' (how else will Limewire quit anyway, it refuses to obey commands to quit) will result in LW connecting, at least for a while, on restarting the program. Of course you have to go through the whole startup process again each time, but SLOWLY you can gather your download. As I have not managed to actually COMPLETE any download yet, I don't know if it will work?

I bought Pro because I assumed it actually worked. The basic was not working, but like a fool I presumed that was to get you to buy Pro, which I assumed would work.

Now I imagine that UNLESS you guys get this fixed, there will be NO POINT of anyone downloading even the FREE LW, because frankly a program that will not connect to the web is actually NOT ANY GOOD.

Does Limewire actually intend to fix this BLATANT ERROR - or at least WARN potential buyers that it is a lottery whether the program works or not?

I need a FIX NOW - if that cannot happen, then I suggest we all warn all those on our Address Books and Lists we belong to NOT TO BUY LIMEWIRE.

Any human Limewire employees out there reading this, do your company a favour and reply to me.

john@rondadirect.com

John