View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2004
Disciple

mickish is flying high
Default LW 3.7.10 sends wrong port in Query Hits

I am doing a little interoperability testing between BearShare 4.4.0 beta 36 and LimeWire 3.7.10, and I found a situation where LW returns Query Hits with a port that it _used_to_be_ listening on.

I have LW and BS installed on two different computers, both on the same private LAN, but with different routing configurations so that they each have two different external IP addresses.

Of course, LW started out listening on port 6346. Then at one point, I changed its listening on port 6350, but now it is listening on port 6353.

When I use BS to browse LW on its internalIP:6353, everything works fine. I get correct Query Hits that show up in the BS Search Results.

But when I use BS to browse LW on its externalIP:6353, LW returns Query Hits for externalIP:6350 (the port I first switched to, but not its current port). These Query Hits do not match the BS Browse Host Search, so no results appear in BS.

I double-checked and tried to browse LW on externalIP:6350, but no one is listening there anymore.

I just changed LW's port to 6351. But still when I browse externalIP:6351, I get Query Hits saying LW is listening on 6350.