View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2001
Novicius

tokilicious is flying high

Actually I found the information that I was looking for by poking around a little bit. Here's the solution to the problem that I'm having. I hope this help anyone that are having the same problems I was having.. Peace.

I am running WinME. I had the same problem you had with the Java Run... stall/lock-up during installation with the new version of LimeWire. Here is my fix: What I did was download the new version after verifing that all LimeWire "tracks" were deleted from my computer (I used Norton). I then installed the newly downloaded .exe file for the new version of LimeWire. Go through the install process and when it locks up at the Java Run...(and it will), go to your control panel (NOTE: DO NOT STOP THE INSTALL PROCESS!) on the Window's Start button. Double Click the add/remove programs and verify that the "Java 2 Runtime Environment..." program is listed. IF (may or may not appear--if it doesn't do the install again after you restart your computer) it is listed cancel the add/remove programs window. Hopefully the "Java 2 Runtime..." is installed (it should be if it is listed). Now do a ctrl+alt+del (just once now!) and you will see the "Java 2 Runtime..." running. Select the "Java 2 Runtime..." and then select the End Task tab. The Window installer will then say that the LimeWire Install is complete! The possible problem here is that as you install the LimeWire program the Java 2... is installed first. I believe this causes a conflict with the Windows Installer program. Once the Java 2 progam is installed it begins to function--even before LimeWire is completely installed! So, in essence, stopping the Java 2 program from running while installing the new LimeWire version fixes your problem. Good Luck!