View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2004
Enthusiast

!!! is flying high

I see that some search results have a Mac Classic- style arrow next to it. Clicking on the arrow expands the result. What does this grouping of results mean? At first I thought the expansion shows all the files with the same hash value, but then sometimes a result with a number for the # column can't be expanded, and sometimes a search result without a number in the # column can be expanded, and sometimes a part of the expansion has a number for the # column.

If two copies of an mp3 exist, and one's ID3 tag is modified, are they still grouped together in search results? Theoretically, the non-ID3 part of the file can still be used for swarmed downloading, however LimeWIre wouldn't notice this if it only acquired the digest of the entire mp3.

I enabled vendor and length columns for audio search results. It seems like when a file is hosted on a Bearshare servent, the length is in hh:mm:ss format, while when the file is hosted on a LimeWire servent, length = seconds. After doing length / 60, I got the minutes, and length % 60 gave me the seconds of the MP3. Also it seems like results from BearShare has disappeared with the latest beta.