View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2001
Who made your avatar?

TruStarwarrior is flying high
Default Re: Limewire for Power Users

"Also, why is it that when I click on someone who's downloading from me at 0.0KBps to disconnect him... I have to RACE to the kill button before he is unhighlighted automatically after a half a second?! This is just bizarre."

This is a feature that inhibits people from killing their uploads (since 1.5). This increases the success percentile of uploads, making the Gnutella network more robust and reliable. In your case, it may be annoying if the user is taking years to download a file, but overall, it helps everyone out. This same feature may make someone think twice about killing your download.

"And why can't I filter modem users and firewalled users out of my search results? What if I want to share my files with all comers, but I don't want to download from some Grandma at 300bps!?"

You may not be able to filter the search results by connection, but many people put down false speed connections anyways. Some DSL users may say they are a modem user to avoid people downloading stuff from them (not exactly nice, but it happens). If you want to sort the results, double-click on the "speed" button. This sorts the connections. Double-clicking again will sort them backwards. I have attached a small picture that shows exactly where to click on the "Search" tab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speed.jpg (2.3 KB, 54 views)