View Single Post
Old February 9th, 2004

trap_jaw4 is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgwen
Show me a techincal documentation or an official statistik there several hundreds of nodes are tested!
Tested what? eMule? You are most obviously out of your mind, you don't need a high number og nodes to test that. You can do it on your own within a few weeks time running eMule at different upload speeds. - As you know, there are no official eMule statisitics because eMule users/developers don't do much research at all. If someone comes up with something that seems like a good idea at the first glance, it is usually implemented no matter how dumb and useless it really is. @see long queues, queue rotation, credit system...

Quote:
If the few files are shared and downloaded by many nodes - you have more than ONE host, each downloader is after he gets the first chunks an uploader! So if you are talking about a download from ONE host - this isnīt a common use case, this is very seldom case and no good example!
There is a large number of files that never gets that popular. Say I were sharing 7,000 audio files. Most of them weren't downloaded even once and I'm quite sure most of them are unique on Gnutella, because I converted like 5,000 of them to ogg myself.

Quote:
Now tell me about which network you are dreaming which is perfect and can all what you are talking about? Its sure not Gnutella...
I'm not dreaming of any network at all, - but Gnutella is certainly on the right track to create a very good network.

Quote:
The donkey isnīt perfect either, but do you think the donkey developers are sleeping?
After MetaMachine more or less abandoned eDonkey? I think the protocol will remain the same. Sure they are implementing Kademlia but unless it replaces the servers it's just going to add more overhead.

Quote:
Do you think only the GDF can develope?
No, there are also some smart people behind MetaMachine. Overnet appears to work really well, - too bad there is no properly working open-source client for it.

Quote:
I have to repeat the donkey is THE BEST WHAT EXIST for larger files... and you can talk about your overhead and be lucky with dreaming about the perfect network, while I download my files with eMule faster than I ever managed with Gnutella and this is no dream.
As I said earlier, I did not come here to challenge your qasi-religious beliefs. eMule has its merits, efficiency is just not one of them.

Morgwen [/B][/QUOTE]