Thread: Two suggestions
View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2001
Apprentice

bambi is flying high
Lightbulb Two suggestions

I've been using LimeWire since the beginning of the year and have seen a lot of improvement of the programme - and Gnutella in general. But there are two features that I really miss:

1. The ability to easily redo searches. I constantly find myself entering the same search phrases over and over again, and I have to keep track of the files I want to find on a piece of paper (or a text file) because LimeWire has no mechanism for remembering and redoing the searches. I believe this kind of saving information and repeating the same actions over and over again really should be a computers job.

2. Easily resume broken downloads. The recent versions of LimeWire has some ability to resume downloads, but it only works for files/servers already on the Downloads list. Usually, for all the files in the Incomplete folder I have to copy their filename, paste it into the Search field, strip of the file size, wait for the search to complete, browse through the search results looking for a file with the same name and size and try to download that file. Again, I think this really should be automated.

File sharing with LimeWire has improved much with the latest releases, but it still involves a work and attention finding and downloading files, and keeping track of how many connections and hosts you've got to optimise your searches.