View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2001
Apprentice

fred57 is flying high
Question What does the score mean? + More

I've been using Limewire for a few weeks now, and I've downloaded tons of stuff. The Score column in search has always read 100.

Earlier this morning, the score was 75 on all of the results. Now it is back to being 100, but I'm curious as to what the score is?

I looked through the user guide and the faq and I could find no answer.

Also, what does it mean when the ip address (location) is in red. I have personally found that these red locations always download very well, but the black ones never do.

Finally, I have been downloading a lot of stuff and the downloads were always working fine (there would be a few couldn't downloads, but nothing major).

Now I have been running a search, getting over 100 results, and choosing to try to download about 20 of these files to have at least one be successful. I've done this 4 times in the past two days, and it always reads couldn't download. This seems very odd and bizarre to me. It is not even working in those red locations.

I tried another search (for a different file) and was able to initiate a successful download in one attempt.

What is the problem here? Is there any way that limewire or gnutella automatically filters certain searches and inhibits downloads? I checked to see if I had any filters on personally that would inhibit this search, but I did not.

Thanks for reading. Any help would be greatly appreciated.