View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2004
The Soulforged

murasame is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel
Default Re: Ode To The Rainbow Coloured Hammerer !

Quote:
Originally posted by ursula
What you are describing is, in fact, a true disaster for any p2p network...
Why ?
Because it is so 'aggressive'.
Using and wasting enormous bandwidth.
It may be nice for you as the 'taker', but consider how you would feel if you were the 'sharer' and your bandwidth was being hammered away at in such a manner.

There are many, many reasons why you may receive the 'dreaded' "Need More Sources"... Far too many to go into now.
But, remember that this is NOT a grocery store or petrol station where you have a right to assume availability on demand.
This is a hobby... Something that far too many people forget.

btw, in the past 4 days I have D/Led 9 files that I have had pending for over 2 months... If it's a file of some sort that you need within a specific time frame... Guess what ?

Go buy it. Or copy it at the library. Or rent it...
p2p for fun ain't no railroad with a timetable !!!

p.s. If you are finding yourself getting all of these desired files practically on demand through Kazaa, might I suggest that you install a cooling fan for your anti-virus app. ???
You go girl!

Btw, have any of you tried re-searching the files to download? Whenever I get this message (the kiss of death thingy) I click the find more sources button and reinitiate the download, and I kinda get the filling that this helps a GRREEEEEEEAT deal. Personaly, I've never had any problems with this even though I download some pretty rare files, and this "trick" seems to have helped a lot fo' me
ADSL anything from 3 to 8Mbps/around 1024kbps

"Raise your can of Beer on high
And seal your fate forever
Our best years have passed us by
The Golden Age Of Leather"
-Blue Öyster Cult-