View Single Post
Old February 19th, 2004
Novicius

triton53 is flying high
Default upgrade error

I recently logged onto Limewire and saw there was an upgrade. I decided to go ahead and buy the pro version instead of getting the free upgrade. Of course your servers were busy since you downloaded nearly 19 million copies of your free upgrade in the first week. (Congratulations!). I was able to download my Pro version the next day but could not install it. Basically when it got to the point in the intall where it wanted to remove the old version, it tried to access the A drive (floppy) and then the install failed. I also went into the Add/remove Programs control panel and tried to remove the old Limewire with the unistaller and it too tried to access the A drive and nothing else happened.

I have gone into regedit and looked at the uninstall file but see nothing which points to this behavior. I'll admit I only have a basic understanding of the files there so I need help.

How can I uninstall my old Limewire, Ver. 3.6.15 so that I can install the Pro version?

I have been enjoying using Limewire to find rare songs I have not heard for years.