View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2004
Gnutella Admirer

rubaiyat is flying high

It is a sad note that cosburn and I (and many others in this forum) agree on, LimeWire IS just impossibly slow in our experience.

I tried acquisition and acqlite to check whether it was just something I had done wrong in LW. Although what exactly can one do "wrong" when there is so little to adjust? They both have about the same problems as LW (being based on it) with acqlite showing a little more dogged determination in actually finishing a few files, even if ever so slowly.

I have become accustomed to being "guilty of something" everytime software doesn't perform as advertised.

Seeing as coburn broached on the subject of the quality of the replies, I suppose I can pick it up without being accused of rancor. He is right and I didn't previously persue it, but the answers illuminate nothing. Just leave us sitting here listening to the commentary on the "excellent stitching" on the Emperor's Clothes and being lectured on our lack of forum etiquette. After all one musn't mention His Eminence's regal elephantiasis or flacid pink flesh no matter how they confront's one's senses.

So cosburn have you tried the "s'ware that must remain nameless"? What is your opinion, does it work or not? Does it work better than LW or not?