View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2004
Valued Member contributor

LeeWare is a great assister to others; your light through the dark tunnel

I assume you are talking about http://kazza.com Like most file sharing services you pay for access to their site i.e web page or software and your use of their site. i.e. web page is NOT illegal using there software is not illegal. What you download and share is another issue. I hate to break it to you but unless you are downloading and sharing content that is freely available and licensed for public distribution you got gouged.

If you read there material it says clearly that they are not responsible for the content that is shared. There pretty much repeat everything I've said countless times in the forum. Therefore, if you end up in court and you try to use the argument that you paid for the software and access to content. They the company will agree. However if you are in court because you got caught up in a sting operation for distributing infringing content that company is going to leave you holding the bag because their responsibility stops with collecting your money and giving you some software and access to some web pages. That's what you paid for not those juicy mp3s or feature length movies.

I would stop short of calling people who run these types of sites scam artists because what they are doing is perfectly legal. A little dishonest and not straight forward. It's like those companies that promised people access to good and high paying jobs.

If you first sign an agreement that you will not sue them or hold them liable for their services. Then you fork over $75 dollars then they lead you to a room where there are newspaper cut outs of high paying jobs.

There's a sucker born everyday.

Quote:
Originally posted by chick-n-man
hey lee,,,

you seem to know so much more than me about is file sharing legal or not ,, from what i have read you seem to have really done some homework on this subject,, question for you ,, i bought a service called k-lite,, k-lite advertised that they are a file sharing site of music,movies,and more that is 100% legal,, they advertise you dont have to worry about getting caught ,,going to court,,they say they are legal,,,so i bought a years subscription with the idea that if sombody does end up suing me i could say that i paid for this site that was suposed to be legal,, go after them ,,not me,, have you ever heard of legal file sharing sites,,or do you think i got fooled into buying a false advertisment ?? and if you think it is false,, that i got fooled,,do you think the company suing me will be more interested in going after k-lite or just targeting me ??