View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2004
Novicius

cosborn is flying high
Default poor wee puss cat

Ursula,
You have disarmed me entirely.
I'm laughing so hard, I can barely quote the words of the immortal Leslie Saroney (aka Old Mother Reilly): "Don't do that to the poor puss cat --- no, no, no, no, no."
For troubled times and interminable disputes, he also memorably advised: "I lift up my finger and I go tweet tweet, shush, shush, now, now, come, come." (Please excuse use of strong language in a public forum.)
However, can you explain, for a card carrying Old Codger, what a Serial Troll might be? I'm not at all sure I'd like to bear such a title.
I have a feeling it means: "Don't post any more, Mrs Moore. Mrs Moore, please don't post any more!"
With lyrics like this, you can perhaps see why I find it hard to get a single hit from users with shared tastes --- and why the DL speed of such rare hits is important to me.
cosborn
PS I think every network participant who is sharing a file from early recordings by Jimmy Durante, Carmen Miranda, Cab Calloway, Noel Coward, Ivor Novello, Irving Berlin, Cole Porter and so on had better stop using the P2P network if you're worried about copyright on remastered material. Anything that was released originally on 78rpm seems likely to have been remastered. Go arrest them immediately on a charge of Old Songs. But remember: "A policeman's lot is not a happy one."
I go, I go.