View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2004
lazy dragon - retired mod

Morgwen is flying high

Quote:
Originally posted by rubaiyat
I did not blame Gnutella (frankly I don't care what LimeWire runs on). I might guess Gnutella might be to blame, but I don't know this for a fact.
You have to care on which network Limewire runs, its VERY important when we are talking about speed.

Quote:
I can however observe that while acquisition and acqlite are not speed demons they do however finish more files than LW and seem to pick up unfinished files and continue them more often than LW does.
I donīt know acqlite. Acpuisation is also running on Gnutella and is based on Limewire... as I explained you Gnutella is p2p you are never able to connect to the whole network only a small part of it. One part can be faster than an the other. Especially when you try to download rare files the results can be very different, also you can be out of luck... unless you didnīt test it for at least a few weeks with every client with the same files, you could not say which client is faster, after this you will see the average should be the same becasue they are running on the same network.

Morgwen

Last edited by Morgwen; February 25th, 2004 at 01:59 AM.