View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2004
Mostly Confused Member

KenRay53 is flying high
Red face Upgrade

Hi,

My last post on this upgrade topic was more than a few months ago.

Let us not now shoot the messenger of these bad tidings (again).

Since that time, I have tried the 'pay for' version of kazza. It is a good product, but here I am back to LimeWire again.

After the original Napster went 'belly up', I have used just about all of the sharing software that was out there. I keep coming back to LimeWire.

The main thing that has changed that I do not like, is that I cannot control the number of connections. I would like to see an 'expert' tab that would allow users to tweak things as they could in the earlier versions.

The 'generic' selections are like DSL, CABLE, ...

I will offer this information as historical:

I had a cable connection that would download at 1840kb and upload at 252kb. I now have a DSL connection (for much less money) that allows me to download at 1296kb and upload at only 162kb.

I know the 'generic' settings for these are a bit off so I would like to be able to adjust for my local providers parameters.

Conclusion:
It bothers the 'heck' out of me to have to keep paying for the same 'product' over again but I'm old fashioned. Don't hold that against the good folks at LimeWire. I keep buying General Motors products too. There has to be something there that is valuable in both cases. If it is worth it I'll spend a few bucks on it.

Both of their products seem to keep improving and I appreciate that.

Regards,

Ken